Wednesday 6 April 2011

Food!





So the pigs went off to piggy heaven, now before you say anything... Think do you know where your food comes from? Our pigs have had a great life, running free in the field, good food, loved and slowly reared.. But its time to take 4 of them to Cornish Farmers for bacon and pork, we left the Oxford & Sandy Blacks for real smoked bacon, then the Middle White pigs off to the butcher Robbie to make into joints.. Then with the great meat from the cheeks l made a giant Pork Pie... have a look, also l have put in a veggie dish l did for the small school yesterday LaSAGNE!

3 comments:

G said...

That's it Jeff, everything but the oink :-)

Unknown said...

You're living the good life, as far as I'm concerned. I'm all for self-sustenance, and can only say 'bravo' to anybody that manages to give it a go.

My only question is, will the next batch of pigs yield some prosciutto?

Scarlet

Unknown said...

You're living the good life as far as I'm concerned. Anybody that gives self-sustenance a go gets a 'bravo' from me.

My only question is, will there be any prosciutto?